www.nipsco.com – How to Pay Nipsco BillFinance
Nipsco is a utility service provider, based in Merrillville, Indiana. They provide more than 821,000 natural gas and over 468,000 electric service customers. They serve the northern third of Indiana. Throughout the United States, it is the largest natural gas distribution company. It is also considered the second-largest electric company within the state. The headquarter of Nipsco is located in Merrillville.
How to Pay Nipsco Bill
You will get several payment options to pay your Nipsco bill. You can make your payment by following these methods below:
Pay Nipsco Bill via Online Method:
- You can use the online payment method to pay your Nipsco bill. To make a payment, you must have to register for the Nipsco account. You can easily make the payment, following these steps as mentioned below:
- You have to go to this link nipsco.com
- Then, on the provided field, input the email and password.
- After providing all the login details, simply select the Sign In option.
Pay Nipsco Bill via Automatic Payment:
- Nipsco automatic payment allows the customers to pay your bill automatically from their checking and savings accounts. The payment amount will be automatically withdrawn from your account each month. To use this service, you have to set up an automatic payment. To set your automatic payment, you have to log in to your Nipsco account:
- You need to visit this link myaccount.nipsco.com
- Then, on the provided field, enter the email and password.
- After providing your log in details, select the Sign In option.
- Then, follow the steps further to make your utility bill payment.
Pay Nipsco Bill by Phone:
- Users can also pay the Nipsco bill over the phone. You can choose to pay your bill through an authorized phone system. To make the payment, you need to dial 1-800-464-7726 from your phone. Simply follow the automated call services to make the payment from your phone.
Pay Nipsco Bill by Person:
- Find out your local Nipsco locations to pay your bill. To find your nearest Nipsco locations, you need to follow these instructions below:
- You have to go to the Nipsco website by clicking on this link nipsco.com
- Then, under the Bills and Payments tab, select the Payment Options.
- Then, under Pay in Person, select the Search Location.
- You have to provide all the required details and select the Search option.
- Then, it will show you your nearest Nipsco locations.
Pay Nipsco Bill by Mail:
- Through the traditional mail method, you can pay your Nipsco utility bill. Send your money order or personal check by mail to Nipsco. The mail payment will take time to proceed. While sending your mail, must include the Nipsco account number on the personal check or money order. You can use this payment address to make the payment:
P.O. Box 13007
Merrillville, IN 46411-3007.
How the Penalty Fees Work
- Nipsco charges several service fees on a monthly and non-recurring basis. You have to pay the following fees:
- Late Payment Fees: If you cannot make your utility bill payment by the due date, you have to pay the late payment fees. For the late payment fees, you have to pay 3% of the total amount.
- Security Deposit: You have to pay a security deposit to the Nipsco. It will prevent your service from being disconnected.
- Returned Check Fee: If your payment check is returned by the financial institute, you have to pay the returned check fees.
- Reconnect Fees: For the reconnection during normal business hours, you have to pay $45. For the reconnection after business hours, you have to pay $60.
Things to Do If You Can’t Make Your Payment
- Nipsco offers several payment assistance programs for customers who cannot pay their utility bills. These are the following assistance program, you will get:
- Budget Plan: Using the budget plan, you can pay the same monthly bill each month. The payment amount depends on your previous 12 months of electric usage.
- Payment Arrangement: There is a payment arrangement program available for the customers. Here the customers will get 4 days for making the first payment. Then, they have to pay the remaining balance within three months.
- LIHEAP: The LIHEAP program is available for low-income customers who cannot pay their utility bills. If you are a qualified low-income customer, then you can apply for this program. Due to the limited finding, we suggest you apply as soon as possible.
- NIPSCO Choice: Here the customers get the chance to which natural gas provider they would like to supply their services. Here you will get several options to shop around.
Read More : How to Pay Kissimmee Utility Authority Bill
Nipsco Contact Info
In any case, you need to contact the Nipsco customer service department, you can contact at:
Phone: 1-800-4NIPSCO (1-800-464-7726)
Gas Emergencies: 1-800-634-3524
For customer service:
801 E. 86th Avenue
Merrillville, IN 46410
For legal notices:
Corporation Service Company
135 North Pennsylvania Street, Suite 1610
Indianapolis, IN 46204